Description

My photo
Glasgow, Scotland
Words are formed by experiences, and words inform our experiences. Words also transform life and the world. I am a writer and Presbyterian minister who grew up in the 1960's in the segregated South of the United States. I've lived in Alaska, the Washington, DC area, and Minnesota. Since 2004 I've lived in Glasgow, Scotland, where I enjoy working on my second novel and serving churches that are between one thing and another. I advocate for the full inclusion of all people in the church and in society, whatever our genders or sexual orientations. Every body matters.

Monday, February 25, 2013

Jet Vocab


Jet Vocab

Jet Ag refers to the production of the food served on a plane, such as a rectangular pasta dish, square mystery-meat, or round dessert.

Jet Bag is a passenger carrying way too much. A jet bag was overheard explaining to the flight attendant, “I’ve been on vacation for three weeks, and they weighed my suitcase and made me take all this stuff out and I don’t have anywhere else to put it.”

Jet Brag is a braying ass when it comes to flying. “Last week I flew first class because they were paying but this week I’m on my own so, what the hell, I’ll take business class.”

Jet Crag refers to a bottleneck of passengers, typically waiting to board a flight, and measured by the span of the crowd at their widest. “This jet crag goes all the way to the next gate.”

Jet Dag refers to a piece of fuzz, hair, or other remnant left behind by a previous passenger. “Gross! My seat pocket has jet dag.”

Jet Drag is a high-maintenance passenger, as in, “I ordered a Hindu meal, thinking it would be vegetarian, but it has meat so can I swap it for the pasta dish?”

Jet Flag refers to tiredness from traveling, similar to jet lag only not due to time change.

Jet Frag refers to tiredness from traveling due to intoxication.

Jet Gag is a strongly-odorous passenger, like the person we once sat next to who wore a tweed wool suit that smelled like every smoky bar it had ever been in.

Jet Hag is a passenger who haggles the airline staff, as in, “If this flight is full can I get bumped to a later flight—but only if you put me in first class, how about it?”

Jet Jag refers to traveling sideways in order to get to your ultimate destination sooner. “To get to the Twin Cities I jet jagged to Bloomington and bypassed O’Hare altogether.”

Jet Lag refers to tiredness from traveling due to time change.

Jet Mag refers to the free in-flight magazine containing critical information about what’s on the video or audio channels, plus puzzles.

Jet Nag is a negative-sounding passenger, as in, “Oh my gawd, we’re going to crash!”

Jet Prag is a passenger who is polite, responsible, and good-going. “Thank you.”

Jet Quag refers to a shut-down of air traffic, as in, “Superstorm Sandy caused jet quags all along the east coast of the United States as well as major terminals around the world.”

Jet Rag is a passenger who is rude, passive-aggressive, and grates on everybody’s nerves. “Puh-leeze!”

Jet Sag refers to sitting for a long time during a flight. “I’ve got jet flag from all my jet sag.”

Jet Shag refers to dancing in a plane lavatory with or without a partner.

Jet Slag is a passenger who disparages their shagging partner.

Jet Snag refers to an unexpected change in itinerary. “We had a jet snag when the incoming flight was late.”

Jet Stag is a passenger who brags about jet shagging.

Jet Swag refers to the curtain separating first class from the masses. “Think of it this way: everyone boarding a plane pays the same amount of money, only those of us behind the jet swag get refunded two-thirds of that amount when we exit the plane.”

Jet Tag is when two or more passengers meet up in an airport but travel on different flights coming or going. “We jet tagged in Newark with our friend from Baltimore.”

Jet Wag refers to the wiggling of a plane upon landing. “We’re not going to crash—it’s just a little jet wag.”

Jet Zag refers to traveling in the opposite direction of your ultimate destination, as in, “To get from Glasgow to the Twin Cities I had to jet zag to Amsterdam.”

No comments:

Post a Comment