Description

My photo
Glasgow, Scotland
Words are formed by experiences, and words inform our experiences. Words also transform life and the world. I am a writer and Presbyterian minister who grew up in the 1960's in the segregated South of the United States. I've lived in Alaska, the Washington, DC area, and Minnesota. Since 2004 I've lived in Glasgow, Scotland, where I enjoy working on my second novel and serving churches that are between one thing and another. I advocate for the full inclusion of all people in the church and in society, whatever our genders or sexual orientations. Every body matters.

Friday, March 11, 2016

Prayer for Asylum Seekers and Refugees

Prayer for Asylum Seekers and Refugees
Guide them, O thou great Jehovah,
pilgrims, refugees, asylum seekers, freedom seekers.
They are weak, but thou art mighty;
hold them with thy powerful hand.
When they tread the verge of Jordan,
the Mediterranean Sea, the River Clyde,
bid their anxious fears subside!
Let your Divine Hospitality flow through each one of us
to welcome, shelter, and share our daily bread
as it is shared from Heaven.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment